Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was my one of my dad's favorite recipes growing up. My grandmother wrote it out for me hoping I will pass on the tradition. She made a note that white sugar can be substituted for the brown. Also, she says it's also good cold. I have not yet made this but plan to soon. Sounds like it might be a little more cake with sauce than an actual pudding.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml salad oil
- 236.59 ml nuts, chopped (optional)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 414.03 ml hot water
- Sift first five ingredients.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into generously greased and floured 9" square pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over entire batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at minutes.
- Invert squares on plate. Dip sauce from pan over each.
Oh my.... this was soooo good. The house smelled wonderful while it was cooking.