Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was my one of my dad's favorite recipes growing up. My grandmother wrote it out for me hoping I will pass on the tradition. She made a note that white sugar can be substituted for the brown. Also, she says it's also good cold. I have not yet made this but plan to soon. Sounds like it might be a little more cake with sauce than an actual pudding.
- Sift first five ingredients.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into generously greased and floured 9" square pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over entire batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at minutes.
- Invert squares on plate. Dip sauce from pan over each.