Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was my one of my dad's favorite recipes growing up. My grandmother wrote it out for me hoping I will pass on the tradition. She made a note that white sugar can be substituted for the brown. Also, she says it's also good cold. I have not yet made this but plan to soon. Sounds like it might be a little more cake with sauce than an actual pudding.
- Sift first five ingredients.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into generously greased and floured 9" square pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over entire batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at minutes.
- Invert squares on plate. Dip sauce from pan over each.
Oh my.... this was soooo good. The house smelled wonderful while it was cooking.