1/7 Photos of Grandma's Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
My Grandmother's delightful and VERY TASTY recipe for macaroni in cheese, which is FAR better than the kind right out of the box. Our whole family enjoys this recipe, especially the kids. She often has to make twice the recipe to satisfy just my grandpa and uncles!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni until soft.
- 2Use a large roast-pan or bowl which you would cook casseroles in the oven, and put a thin layer of macaroni upon the bottom, and then spread cheese over that layer, and repeat this layering process until the cheese and macaroni are gone (makes about 3-4 layers each).
- 3Mix salt, pepper, eggs and milk together.
- 4Pour into layered macaroni & cheese, until filled at the top (or until it is gone).
- 5Sprinkle w/ paprika on top.
- 6Place in oven, Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes (covered).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.8
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.4 mg
- Sodium 914.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 23.8 g