Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and easy! Real comfort food. Also great as left-overs!
- 1 lb new york sharp cheddar cheese, chunk
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package.
- Butter bottom of casserole pan.
- Pour about 1" of milk into bottom of pan.
- Cut cheese into small cubes (1-2") and mix with noodles in pan (I like to pour a layer of noodles, layer chunks of cheese, then pour the rest of noodles on top. Scatter the rest of the cheese chunks throughout the noodles).
- Layer the shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted and slightly browned for about 30 minutes.
I halved this recipe and unsure as to size of casserole pan used a 1 1/2 quart dish. I feel the amount of milk (again not sure how much to use) was too much. With some tweaking this would be a great dish. Made for *Fall 2008 PAC* Thanks!