Recipe by codypaints
My grandmother has always made this granola and still does. It has lots of nuts, honey and raisins in it and is very hearty. You can customize it any way you want (coconut, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.) but I have always liked this recipe
Top Review by hersh96
this is a great recipe you can add as much or as little as you like so far as ingredients go. It is not a cluster type granola so it makes great cereal or yogurt topping. We even used it for a crumple on top a berry cobbler type recipe. Very good and very versatile noce to have on hand and makes a lot. Usually I have two oatmeal containers full when I am done.
- 50 ounces old fashioned oats (Carton + 2cups)
- 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups wheat germ
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄3 cups canola oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large roasting pan. Stir well to combine.
- Add oil, honey and water to dry ingedients and stir until all ingredients are well coated.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes.
- After 1 hour, turn off oven and continue to stir every 20 minutes until granola is golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container.