Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Maple baked beans with apple, found in Yankee Magazine.
Make and share this Grandma's Home-Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Soak beans overnight.
- Bring to a boil in same water, adding more water to cover as necessary, and simmer until tender, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Put onion and apple in bottom of bean pot, fill half full with beans, add salt pork, and pour in remaining beans.
- Pour maple syrup over beans, sprinkle with mustard and salt, and cover with boiling water.
- Bake 5 hours.
- Preparation times include overnight soak and baking time.