Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a family favorite - but definitely not for anyone worried about calories. We have these at every family gathering.
- Boil cabbage head and peel leaves off as they soften. (To make this easier you may want to freeze the heads first).
- Rinse rice and cook as directed.
- Add cooked ground beef and chopped cooked bacon to rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the top of the spines off the cabbage leaves to make the leaves flat.
- Roll a teaspoon or two of the rice filling into the leaves like a log, making sure to tuck the sides of the leaves inches.
- Line each cabbage roll in a casserole dish.
- Once full, pour whipping cream over the top and cover with extra cabbage leaves to prevent top layer from burning.
- Cover and bake at 350°F or until cream has evaporated and tops of cabbage leaves are browning.
- Remove from oven, remove top cabbage leaves and enjoy!