Recipe by Grandma Joan
I think this recipe came from MightyCool.com, but I'm not sure. My Mom who's 92 just loves it. I've changed the recipe a bit to suit our taste.
- 1 cup red apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup green apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (if canned then drain)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped in to smaller pieces
- 1 cup yogurt (non fat, low fat or regular) or 1 cup mayonnaise (non fat, low fat or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (I use the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the fruits, vegetables and dried fruit in a.
- salad bowl.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, wine, and mint leaves.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss lightly.
- Add the pecans and cheese, lightly toss.
- Serve a scoop of this salad on a plate with a lettuce leaf.
- underneath as a garnish.