1/5 Photos of Grandmas Hamburger Pie With Cornbread Topping
My grandma made this for us as kids all the time. She passed away two years ago and I recently came across a lot of her recipes and wanted to share them with the Zaar world. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. It's a quick and easy one dish meal. I always fix up a salad to go with it. This recipe has lots of possibilities. You could add green beans and potatoes to the mixture as well.Addition: I have realized that I did leave out an ingredient in the topping. I found the recipe and looked and--sure enough, you need milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons green peppers (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown hamburger, onion and green peppers in pan.
- 2Drain the grease.
- 3Stir in corn and tomatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Pour into a 9x13-inch pan.
- 5Mix cornbread topping and pour over hamburger mixture.
- 6Bake at 425° for 35-45 minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandmas Hamburger Pie With Cornbread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 981.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g