Recipe by tjblackburn1
This is simple crock-pot meal given to me by my grandma years ago. My kids love it mainly for the salty soupy liquid that developes. Grandma would fix this meal for me every time I would visit as a child. I often find my self cooking it, to honor her memory. Just eating this meal reminds me how lucky we were to of known her.
- 4 cups ham, cubed
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 6 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, Diced (or other processed chesse)
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 21 ounces milk
- onion (minced or diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the potatoes and ham in the bottom of the crock pot. Potatoes take longer to cook, so I always put them on the bottom.
- Layer all other ingredients in and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a hurry? You can cook this on a stove top, just be sure to microwave your potatoes until they are fully cooked. While they cook combine everything in the pot and add the potatoes.