Recipe by Kimberley Quinlan
My grandma when I was young would make this when we came over and it was a hit with the kids as well as everyone. I know your family will enjoy this wonderful recipe from my grandma
Top Review by SuzTheQ
Easy, yummy meal! I omitted the mushrooms- family doesn't like them. Also was out of celery so I added chopped bell pepper. Will make sure I have celery next time- I know that will be great in it. I made gravy, but we liked it without the gravy- good thing I had also made some rice! Served with rice/gravy, cabbage and glazed carrots. Great easy meal. Thanks Kimberley!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup biscuit mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet on med heat cook first 5 ingredients till meat is no longer any pink.
- Add any seasoning of your choice.
- Drain off any fat.
- Press into a ungreased 9 inch pie plate
- Put the cheese on top.
- In a bowl combine eggs,Milk,and biscuit mix , Mix well.
- Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 min or until knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- In addition you can pour gravy over this wonderful meat pie YUMMM.