Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My beloved and very much missed Grandmother was always asked to bring these to family gatherings.. The woman knew how to cook, raising 8 kids, 6 of them being girls, I think it's fair to say- she had a PHD.. ;).. I only wish I had more of her recipes to share..
- 2 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans (any brand)
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Fry bacon til' it's crisp, on the stovetop. Add onion, cook until tender.
- Drain "all" liquid off of canned green beans.
- Add beans to bacon and onion mixture.
- Add bullion cube and water.
- Cook very slowly until beans "shrivel".
- Sometimes, ok well maybe always I have this compulsive need to add things to whatever I am cooking, and 98% of the time you can beat it's gonna be GARLIC or SPICES. Soo- there ya' go. Add in some garlic if you dare, or maybe some seasoning salt? :) But whatever you do- ENJOY!
Good green beans! I was really surprised how much the chicken bouillon added to the flavor. Thanks for sharing this simple keeper. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag.
I think you made this for me and I really liked it. Saw the review for the garlic and cracked pepper... good thinking. Didn't think this dish could get any better!
This is so yummy. I make mine a lot like this but without the chicken bouillon. DH wanted to know what was different tonight... He thought I had used a different bacon. The chicken bouillon really sets this off. Thanks, Mama Jen for posting.