Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Best ever Green Bean Casserole, always a favorite at our Holiday dinners.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions (French's)
- Mix the Soup, Milk, Sour Cream, Garlic & pepper. Fold in the Green Beans.
- Mix the Bread Crumbs & melted Butter together in a seprate bowl.
- Using 1/3 of the Green Bean mix, spread into a thin layer, add 1/3 of the Bread Crumbs & sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Continue to layer with the Bread Crumbs & cheese on top.
- Bake loosely covered for 15 to 20 minutes on 350, then uncover & add the french-fried onions & bake approximately another 5 or 10 minutes. (caerfull to not burn onions).
- This can be made ahead & stored overnight in the fridge (without the fried onions but may have to cook another 5 minutes longer). Use an 9x9 pan unless you double the recipe then you can use a 9x13.
- My son now makes this for both Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners, he said he makes an average of 8 casseroles due to demands for holiday parties & family gatherings.
The cheese was left out of the ingredient list! I don't know what kind or how much!