Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Grandma died when I was quite small but her jelly recipe has been passed on to me and I am sharing it with you. Enjoy!
- To prepare juice, stem grapes.
- Crush thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place in cloth bag and squeeze out juice.
- Measure 4 cups juice into pan, add sugar and mix well.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in certo.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, skim and pour into jelly glasses.
- Parafin at once.
This was a nice easy recipe. I used white grapes from my yard. The color wasn't too pretty even though I added a little food coloring (a slightly earthy green jelly), but it is quite tasty. One batch for me was three pints.
Very easy to make. I ended up making two batches b/c I had very juicy grapes. I also hot water bathed them instead of using parafin. I hope you don't mind but I labeled them as Uncle JIm's Grape Jelly b/c it was from my DH's late uncle's grape vines that we got the grapes for this. Thanks you for such an easy & tasty recipe.
This is a great jelly! Was easy to make and set up wonderfully. The only change was that I did use a hot water bath instead of the parafin. It made 7 half pints.