Recipe by Mysterygirl
Grandma died when I was quite small but her jelly recipe has been passed on to me and I am sharing it with you. Enjoy!
Top Review by Potatoes Browning
This was a nice easy recipe. I used white grapes from my yard. The color wasn't too pretty even though I added a little food coloring (a slightly earthy green jelly), but it is quite tasty. One batch for me was three pints.
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare juice, stem grapes.
- Crush thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place in cloth bag and squeeze out juice.
- Measure 4 cups juice into pan, add sugar and mix well.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in certo.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, skim and pour into jelly glasses.
- Parafin at once.