Recipe by Ashley R. T. Shrout (ARTS)
This is the wonderful goulash that my mother and grandmother make (a cheesy version)and yet another Southern dish that I grew up on. Its cheap, fulfilling, and easy to make.
Top Review by Fawn Danielle W.
My 22 month old daughter lover it. I use any ground meat i have and i add black beans. I serve it with corn bread its a family favorite. Very easy to make a head of time for those busy days
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (1 lb) package elbow macaroni
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion.
- In large pot combine macaroni, hamburger meat, Rotel, Tomatoe sauce, corn, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cut up Velveeta into cubs and add to pot.
- Cover and cook on low stirring occasionally, until Velveeta is thoroughly melted.
- If too thick for your liking, you may add milk by the ¼ cup until desired consistency, but it's supposed to be rather thick.
- Serve with cornbread and pinto beans.