Recipe by Bread 'n Butter
This is a recipe from my GIL. It is a great way to use fresh garden leaf lettuce.
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss lettuce, bacon, egg and pepper together in medium sized serving bowl.
- Combine water, vingar, sugar, flour and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium/high until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour water/vinegar mixture over lettuce and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.