Recipe by ajiwac
This is my grandmother's recipe for a very gooey chewy fudge topping for ice cream. I begged her to make it with me while I measured the ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar and cocoa.
- Add corn syrup and milk to the mixture and blend well.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until it reaches 250 degrees (a test sample should stick together in cold tap water).
- Remove from stove and stir in vanilla.
- Drop the butter or margarine on top and let it melt as the sauce cools.
- Once the sauce has cooled, stir in the butter.
- Serve over your favorite ice cream.