Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe for a very gooey chewy fudge topping for ice cream. I begged her to make it with me while I measured the ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar and cocoa.
- Add corn syrup and milk to the mixture and blend well.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until it reaches 250 degrees (a test sample should stick together in cold tap water).
- Remove from stove and stir in vanilla.
- Drop the butter or margarine on top and let it melt as the sauce cools.
- Once the sauce has cooled, stir in the butter.
- Serve over your favorite ice cream.
No more buying expensive ice cream topping for me!! This worked great for me and pleased the grand kids! Thanks for posting!
Like melted tootsie roll. Amazing!