This is my grandmother's recipe for a very gooey chewy fudge topping for ice cream. I begged her to make it with me while I measured the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar and cocoa.
- 2Add corn syrup and milk to the mixture and blend well.
- 3Bring to a rolling boil.
- 4Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until it reaches 250 degrees (a test sample should stick together in cold tap water).
- 5Remove from stove and stir in vanilla.
- 6Drop the butter or margarine on top and let it melt as the sauce cools.
- 7Once the sauce has cooled, stir in the butter.
- 8Serve over your favorite ice cream.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Fudge Topping
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 32.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g