Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My Grandmother made this cake for my father and continued to make this all during my early years. It was a family favorite and we were always asking for her to make it again and again. Cocoa powder can be adjusted to taste.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease and Flour 13 X 9 pan.
- Melt butter in mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, mix until incorporated
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until knife inserted 2" from side comes out clean.
- While baking, make Frosting:.
- Add all ingredients, except milk.
- Mix with mixer until smooth, adding milk as needed to consistency desired. Being careful not to make frosting too thin.
- Remove cake from oven, use a spatula to press sides down to even cake.
- Immediately frost cake.
- Allow to cool before serving.