Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My grandma passed away quite awhile ago, but this is one thing that really reminds me of her. She would make tons of it and freeze it to have enough all year long. We usually just used old yogurt cups and other random plastic containers with lids to make these in.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- water (5 orange juice cans full)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs crushed pineapple
- fruit (Fresh or Frozen)
- Boil water and sugar until slightly thickened; cool slightly.
- Add concentrate, water, lemon juice, and pineapple. Add fruit until juice is thick with fruit. Can be fresh or frozen strawberries, blueberries, grapes, peaches, bananas, raspberries, kiwi, etc. (We usually do strawberries, grapes, bananas, and blueberries) Put in individual cups and freeze.(containers with lids will keep longer.).
- **Serving size depends on the size of containers you freeze this in! 24 is just a random guess, it makes a lot though! The 5 hours freeze time is probably about a minimum**.
I cut the recipe in half & got 8 ramekins full. I used canned fruit cocktail for the fruit. Made for Went to the Market Tag
Mmm, cool and refreshing! I opted to blend the fruits together per another reviewer's suggestion. I love fruit bars and fruit sorbets and this reminded me of both. I made 1/8 of this recipe, but ended up using 4 freezer containers (the ones that hold about 4oz each). For my fruit I used 1 fresh banana (before it went to waste), some frozen mango chunks and frozen raspberries. I love the idea of freezing this in small containers for single-serve ease. I made a very small batch because it's just me eating this and I have very little room in my freezer. Except for the serving size change, I made this as directed. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! I put the whole batch in a big tupperware container, froze it over night and brought it to work for morning break - what a hit. Refreshing summer treat!