Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
West Coast taste, a heritage recipe.
Make and share this Grandma's Fried Oysters recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in skillet, on medium high.
- Beat egg with Worcestershire sauce.
- In another bowl combine bread crumbs with spices.
- Cut shucked oysters into bite size pieces. Dip in egg then breading and place into pan. Turn after 5-10 minutes, then brown other side. Drain on tea towel or unbleached, recycled paper towel.
- Serve as is, with tartar sauce, or on a bun with lettuce, and thinly sliced onion.
Great flavor with the herbs in the breading, but I had trouble keeping the breading on. Next time I will combine your Grandma's recipe with my Grandma's method. Dip in egg, flour, egg again and then breading. This seems to help the breading adhere, Made for Spring 2014 PAC.