Prep 2 hrs
Cook 50 mins
A recipe from Grandma's recipe book. I serve this with corn muffins.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish, pour salad dressing over chicken.
- Let dressing soak into the chicken for a couple of hours, while in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken and shake off excess dressing, discard the extra.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On plate, mix flour, salt and pepper; roll chicken in seasoned flour.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in large skillet until small cube of bread dropped into oil browns in 60 seconds.
- Fry chicken until golden, 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Transfer to baking pan. Bake until chicken is tender and juices run clear, about 30 minutes.