Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is how my mom has made this dish for us. Posting for my family. Very good, down home comfort food at its finest. These are great with pork chops, chicken, country fried steak or even mush!
- 4 -5 jonathon apples
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Wash and slice cooking apples (adjust amount per how many you are feeding).
- I generally use Jonathon, or any other cooking apples.
- In an iron skillet, fry bacon until done. Remove bacon, drop in the prepared apples stir well, sprinkle with white sugar, add the water, and the cinnamon if desired. Put the lid on the skillet and continue to stir every once in a while until apples are done to your tastes.
- You can also put the bacon back in the apples before they are done, I generally only cook 2 pcs of bacon and maybe 4-5 apples for the two of us.