Recipe by Dienia B.
This is how my family makes French toast. This was from my Grandma; she learned it from the place she worked at. You can use regular white bread or cut French bread on the diagonal about 1/2 inch thick. The day old bread at WalMart works great. I am going to bow to the pressure of adding milk to this. My family likes it without but if your family likes it with you can certainly add it.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk (optional)
- Pam cooking spray, butter flavored
- 8 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar, salt, and milk if using, together.
- Spray Pam, or butter, a skillet.
- Dip bread into egg mixture quickly to coat so it does not absorb too much egg.
- Put on skillet and cook until lightly brown; flip.
- Brown on other side.