Recipe by Doelee
Healthy comfort food. Dairyless, too!
Top Review by maradigna
This is the best recipe I've found! I only changed one item of the recipe, and that was using fish heads instead of fish chunks, and followed the recipe to the letter. The taste was fantastic--I'm repeating for the second time in a 2 week period!.
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 medium white potatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- yellow celery leaves (add any)
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets, cubed
- 2 cups water, you can add more
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up the fish and sprinkle with lemon juice, put in a bowl and refridgerate till needed.
- Saute onion and garlic with butter till golden brown.
- Add thyme, old bay, salt, pepper, potatoes, bay leaves and celery leaves, sauté for a minute.
- Add carrots and tomatoes, sauté for a minute, then add the water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with cover on.
- Add fish, Worcestershire, wine, celery and cover, simmering for 15 minutes or until fish is done.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.