Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low sodium version.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sweet corn relish or 1⁄3 cup chow chow
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 cups potatoes
- Cut potatoes into cubes about 1inch squares.
- Boil potatoes until soft, but not mushy!
- Let cool, while mixing all ingredients except the mayonnaise.
- Blend in mayo last.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and lightly toss.
- Refrigerate before serving.
DD doesn't care for the chunks of chow chow, but enjoys the flavor it adds. She just picks out the pieces and "saves them for dad" My husband's aunt gave us two jars of her homemade chow chow. Unfortunately, no one in our house really likes chow chow. This recipe finally gave me a way to use it up, in a way my family will actually eat. Thanks Mille!
This is a fantastic potato salad! I used chow chow, which together with the mustard and vinegar gave it a great tangy zip. It's also nice and creamy. I brought it to a Memorial Day picnic and my whole family loved it. My mom even asked me for the recipe. I did have to make a few changes for dietary reasons and based on what I had in the house. Instead of the proportions of sour cream/mayo listed, I made this using about 3/4 cup plain soy yogurt, 2 Tbsp soy sour cream, and 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp extra light mayo. I also reduced the salt and pepper slightly. I will definitely be making this again!