1/1 Photo of Grandma's Fabulous Carrot Cake (No Pineapple!)
1 hr 20 mins
Um Safia's Note:
This recipe has been in our family for years and is the most requested. It produces a moist, delicately spiced cake which improves as each day passes! Store in an airtight container and eat within 10 days. There is no pineapple in this recipe (or my other carrot cake recipe). Minus the frosting, this cake also freezes perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces soft brown sugar
- 1/4 pint sunflower oil (use any cooking oil except olive)
- 1 ounce treacle
- 3 ounces golden syrup
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces grated carrots
- 2 ounces desiccated coconut
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 175°C.
- 2Grease and line an 8" square or round tin.
- 3Beat sugar, oil, treacle, golden syrup and eggs till smooth.
- 4Sieve flour, bicarb and cinnamon and fold into mixture. Mix well.
- 5Stir in grated carrots, coconut and walnuts and pour into prepared tin.
- 6Bake for 1 hour or until firm to the touch.
- 7Leave to cool a little in tin, then turn out onto rack and leave till cold.
- 8Beat the margarine with the icing sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Add enough water to make a thick but spreadable frosting.
- 9Decorate with walnut pieces.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Fabulous Carrot Cake (No Pineapple!)
Serving Size: 1 (1088 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3943.0
- Calories from Fat 1627
- Total Fat 180.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.4 g
- Cholesterol 327.3 mg
- Sodium 1860.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 556.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.4 g
- Sugars 299.7 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: