These fluffy rolls (King Arthur Baking) are easy to mix up in a jiffy, since they take potato flour instead of mashed potatoes (potato flakes can be substituted). I mix them in my bread machine and the dough is silky and easy to shape. They turn out "picture perfect." They work out perfectly if you shape into 16 balls and put in 2 round pans (8 each).
- Mix and knead together all ingredients in bread machine (or in mixer).
- If mixing by hand, let dough rise about 90 minutes (or follow your bread machine's dough cycle).
- Your dough might not have risen exactly double.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface and divide it into 16 pieces.
- Round each piece into a smooth ball.
- Place the balls in a 9x 13 pan, or 2 9 inch round pans, or separately on cookie sheet.
- Cover the pan and let the rolls rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Bake the rolls for 30 minutes (tenting lightly with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning).
- Rolls should be golden brown when done. Brush with additional melted butter.
- Let cool slightly and turn out on a rack to cool.