Recipe by Elizabeth H.
Perfect recipe for the junior baker! One bowl, fun to make, easy to succeed. Oh, and they taste great, too! High altitude tested (no adjustments).
Top Review by tmoody22
I am very disappointed with this recipe. I followed the instructions, but the ingredients wouldn't stick together to form dough. I added an extra egg, and got some dough; however, it was grainy. Baked well, but very little peanut butter taste.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 well-beaten egg (extra-large egg yields best results)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch round balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Press balls flat with fork dipped in extra sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cookies should not be too brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for one minute, then remove to wire racks.