Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect recipe for the junior baker! One bowl, fun to make, easy to succeed. Oh, and they taste great, too! High altitude tested (no adjustments).
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 well-beaten egg (extra-large egg yields best results)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Shape dough into 1-inch round balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Press balls flat with fork dipped in extra sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cookies should not be too brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for one minute, then remove to wire racks.
I am very disappointed with this recipe. I followed the instructions, but the ingredients wouldn't stick together to form dough. I added an extra egg, and got some dough; however, it was grainy. Baked well, but very little peanut butter taste.
I love this recipe! I used white rice flour (gluten free house) added an extra egg and 2tbsp milk, 1 minute less cook time and these cookies are gluten free and taste like store b ought regular! Thanks!!!
Just baked these for hubby. We both loved them. Simple and delicious. Mine retained their shape and did not spread out too much, were slightly crisp with spongy centers - YUMMY!