Prep 45 mins
Cook 24 mins
- Start a large pot of boiling water.
- Beat eat whites.
- Mix in cottage cheese.
- Add flour until the mixture turns to a doughy consistency.
- Dice onion.
- Put butter in frying pan and brown the onions and add garlic minced.
- Use a large cutting board for this process.
- Dust the cutting board with flour (will have to multiple times through the process).
- Cover your hands in flour.
- Grab hand fulls of dough.
- Roll the dough until it is about 1in thick.
- Cut about 1/4in pieces of dough.
- Roll them slightly and place them on a large dish.
- Drop the pieces in boiling water for about 12 minutes. (this will be done in two batches).
- Strain and rinse dumplings with cold water.
- Mix in the onion/butter mix.
- Bacon is also good added to the dumplings!