Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this recipe in a 1977 Home Cooking magazine. Was a favorite for many years. I use vanilla or maple extract instead of the lemon.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or other)
- nuts, if desired
- sugar (I left this off)
- Cream the butter and crisco together.
- Add the sugar and continue creaming together.
- Continue to add ingredients in order listed.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet by teaspoons.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.