Jilly in Michigan's Note:
These crispy spears have a slightly salty, tart flavor with a good balance of dill, garlic and peppers. They are already great and have only sat for 2 weeks in the brine! My family is requesting I make as many as possible!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dutch oven bring water, vinegar and salt to a boil; boil for 10 minutes.
- 2Pack cucumbers into quart jars within 1/2 inch of top.
- 3Place one dill head, two garlic cloves and two peppers in each jar.
- 4Ladle boiling liquid over cucumbers, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 5Place lids and screw on bands fingertip tight.
- 6Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Dill Pickles (Taste of Home Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (9607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12603.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g