Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm convinced that this is the BEST homemade ice cream recipe available. My grandma made this "forever" (in my mind...) - and we're carrying on the tradition! FABULOUS! ENJOY!
- 3 quarts milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 junket tablets
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 dash salt
- Dissolve Junket tablets in cold water.
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, salt and vanilla in a pan& heat to lukewarm.
- (NOT hot!) Add Junket tablets.
- Mix well and pour immediately into freezer (with dasher in place).
- Let stand until set.
- (will be thick like Junket) Mix in the ice cream freezer until thick& stiff.
- Serve as-is- or with toppings!