Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my Grandma's decorator frosting recipe. She used to make and sell cakes for special occasions using the wilton method. Everyone always asks for the recipe, so here it is. If you want to make it non dairy use 2 tablespoons powdered non-dairy coffee creamer dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine all ingredients in a very large bowl.
- Beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
- If you use the non-dairy creamer this frosting will keep in the fridge for 6 weeks.
- Beat before reusing.
This recipe is just the best EVER! All I can say is Grandma knew her Frosting, because this is one you want in your recipe file. Thanks for listing it. I gave it 5 stars, but trust me if I could have went higher with the stars I would have gone WAY higher JERSEYGIRL
I haven't made this frosting, but thanks to coffemom I've eaten it many many times!! It has a unique flavor-it's sweet and creamy and just melts in your mouth. My kids love this too!