These are by far my favorite "cookie". Rich, chewy, and will ALWAYS remind me of her.
Make and share this Grandma's Date Balls (X'mas Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- In heavy-bottomed,lg.
- saucepan or pot,melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar and dates.
- Cook til sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat and QUICKLY stir in egg well.
- Return to med.
- heat, stirring constantly, til boiling.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in rest of ingredients, and let cool off til easily handled.
- Roll into balls, about 1" or so, roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Store airtight.
- (Can chill if desired, but serve room temp.).