This was my favorite soup my grandma ever made for me. My cousins and I would crave this and beg our grandma to make it for us! Now that I am on my own and starting to cook, I tried this and it is not only easy but tastes just like grandmas soup!
- Peel and cut potatoes into the size of your liking and add onion into a large pot.
- Add just enough water to cover your potatoes in your pot, add salt.
- Boil potatoes until soft. Do Not Drain!
- Add the milk, the butter, and the flour to the water.
- Heat stirring continuously until there are no more clumps of flour and butter has melted.
- You may add more salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was so delish!! It is easy to make and taste like you spent hours to do so. I used low fat evap milk instead and cut the butter to 2 T. Mmmmm good.
Very good. I used FF evaporated milk. Also, this recipe served 4 in my family with leftovers.
I had a can of evaporated milk thats due date was looming so did a zaar recipe search by ingredient and come up with this recipe. Good choice! I did add a large onion and would recommend that others use it too... and the only thing I changed was that I had some homemade chicken stock in the fridge and I subbed that for the water... yum! a flavourful soup that was creamy and very filling: the sum of which tasted greater than the simple componant parts that made it up. A definiate keeper and even DH "not really a soup fan" gave it the thumbs up. please see my rating system, 4 stars for a great, simple, economical, very tasty soup that is a meal in a plate. Thanks!