Pure comfort food at its best!! Recently I stumbled across a box of my grandparents belongings and this is one of the treasures I rediscovered. This meal is like a warm hug from my grandma! Delicious and easy, easy, easy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare biscuits and have them baking in oven.
- 2In a deep sauce pan melt the butter and whisk in flour to make a roux.
- 3When your butter/flour mixture has cooked for a few minutes begin to add the milk slowly, whisking frequently to ensure a smooth white sauce.
- 4Add salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to an "almost" boil, while continuing to whisk. Once you reach this point turn your heat back down to low. (You might have to take pan off of the burner for a minute or two if you are using electric so as not to scald white sauce).
- 6Add tuna, peas, and pimentos and lightly stir to combine ingredients throughout the sauce.
- 7**Here is where you would add your cream cheese (cut into small cubes) to your sauce if you are using it.
- 8Cook on low to medium low heat until heated thorougly, stirring occasionally.
- 9Just before biscuits are done slice your hard boiled eggs and add to your creamed tuna.
- 10Give the sauce one last stir and then serve over hot biscuits.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Creamed Tuna and Eggs on Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.3
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 197.0 mg
- Sodium 1608.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 28.1 g