An amalgamation of traditional cornbread dressing and a custard-like corn pudding. It's tender, rich and melts in your mouth, with just a touch of heat.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the eggs, butter, milk and creamed corn.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Grease a large 9 X 13 rimmed baking dish. Pour the pudding mixture into the pan and place it in the oven. Lightly tent the pan with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the center is just set. Take the foil off the last 10-15 minutes so the top will be golden.