Recipe by TLizSkinn
This one has been in our family for as long as I can remember. A long time ago my grandma used to use fresh corn, but as the family got BIG and there were a lot of mouths to feed (more to make too) she went to can corn just to make it faster. I cut the recipe in half.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste, if using.
- Add flour gradually, just enough to hold mixture together.
- Amount of flour depends on size of eggs (and weather according to my grandma!).
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in frying pan.
- Form patties whatever size you'd like, I do small ones so my kids can hold them.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve as side dish OR if you left out the salt and pepper serve with syrup on the side.
- You can also dust with powdered sugar.