Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have inherited my grandma's recipe box.... I have been going through and reviewing them and decided to begin sharing them with you all... Some of these were passed to her from her mother, and some she had cut out of magazines or newspapers and placed in her box.... This one was one of hers wrote on a recipe card.... It is wonderful...
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups American cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a buttered 12 X 9 (I think that's the size, the card is faded) casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minute or until center is set.
I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy and I also didn't add the pimentos. This was easy to make and is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. Nice different side dish.
I would describe this as a savory corn "pudding." This makes a great side dish when you're in the mood for something different. It stays nice and moist but not runny. The pimientos give a nice splash of color and flavor. I think if you add some chopped green onion, this would make a nice and pretty Christmas side dish. Thanx for posting.