1/3 Photos of Grandma's Completely Different Pecan Pie
2 hrs 30 mins
This wonderful recipe has been passed down from my Grandma, to my Mother and now to me. This is not like your typical pecan pie, more of a softened macaroon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 squares graham crackers (finely ground)
- 236.59 ml pecans (chopped fine)
- 3 egg whites (large)
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml whipping cream, sweetened to taste (When making whipped cream, as you are beating the mixture, just slowly sprinkle in sugar to sweeten)
- 1Beat egg whites until very fluffy.
- 2Add baking powder.
- 3Very slowly add sugar while mixer beats (will become thick and heavy).
- 4With rubber spatula, fold in cracker crumbs (you can roller crackers in a plastic bag to make fine crumbs).
- 5Fold in nuts and vanilla.
- 6Pour into greased 8" or 9" round pie pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Do not under-bake, will puff up and then settle and crack.
- 7Cool, then chill in refrigerator.
- 8Night before or early morning, seal to edge with whipped cream.
- 9Decorate with fine graham cracker crumbs. This is even better the longer it sits with the whipped cream on it to soften it all the way through.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Completely Different Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.4
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g