Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A vinegar based coleslaw.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Prepare vegetables as directed.
- Combine in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Add celery seed and mustard seed.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables.
- Stir until well coated.
- Chill and serve.
Really good coleslaw, we enjoyed it very much. I first roasted the mustard seeds in a little of the olive oil, gave it a great taste!