Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but if it's in my mom's cookbook I know its great!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1⁄4 cup jam (your favorite flavor)
- 1 egg (just the white)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Combine butter, sugar and flour. Spread in 8x8 pan.
- Spread jam over mixture thinly.
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and coconut.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- (no portions specified so I guessed).