Recipe by LisaAD
City Chicken the way my Polish Grandma made it. It was the very, very best. It's one that was never written down. You just watched and learned. Very comforting food!!!
- 1 lb veal tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup saltine, medium crushed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread veal and pork cubes onto 8 6-inch skewers, pushing pieces tightly together. In bowl, mix together the egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Place cracker crumbs in zip lock baggie. Dip meat into egg mixture, then coat in cracker mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meat about 4 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together the flour and water until smooth. Combine with broth and pour over chicken.
- Cover Chicken with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour. Remove foil for last 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.