1 hr 35 mins
City Chicken the way my Polish Grandma made it. It was the very, very best. It's one that was never written down. You just watched and learned. Very comforting food!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thread veal and pork cubes onto 8 6-inch skewers, pushing pieces tightly together. In bowl, mix together the egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- 2Place cracker crumbs in zip lock baggie. Dip meat into egg mixture, then coat in cracker mixture.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meat about 4 minutes until browned on all sides.
- 4Place chicken in glass baking dish.
- 5In small bowl, stir together the flour and water until smooth. Combine with broth and pour over chicken.
- 6Cover Chicken with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour. Remove foil for last 10 minutes.
- 7Serve with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's City Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 406.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.6 g