Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of my Grandmothers pies that she made for us when we were very young. She would use all of her leftovers to make this pie. It was always a treat to have this pie. It is very simple to make and you can use either a graham cracker crust or a butter crust. Make sure you use only "WHOLE MILK" for this pie. I think this Cinnamon pie is one of My grandmother's experiments, But this is the one dessert I remember watching her make as a young child in her kitchen. I never forgot the taste. My cousin Matt asked me If I was going to make a Cinnamon Pie for the Family Reunion. I actually made 3 Cinnamon pies,1 pie just for Matt and the rest for everyone else. They went faster then the rest of the desserts.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Scald milk, do not boil.
- Mix together the cinnamon, sugar, flour & melted butter.
- Then very slowly add only 2/3 of the milk into the mixture while you are constantly stirring with a whisk.
- Do this until the mixture thickens.
- Filling will appear a little watery but it will thicken up.
- Then slowly pour in the rest of the milk.
- Keep stirring mixture then slowly pour into the pie shell.
- Bake @ 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until crust is done.
- Set aside to cool before cutting in order for the pie to firm up.
- Note: You can also use a grahamn cracker pie crust instead of a regular pie crust.