- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) canhershey chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Brownies:.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and chocolate syrup. Mix until well blended.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Bake in a 9 x 13-inch cake pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For the Frosting:
- Boil sugar, margarine, and milk for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add l/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Stir until thick, then quickly spread over brownies (when brownies are cool). This frosting thickens quickly.