Recipe by karen
Probably the easiest chocolate pie recipe you will find, this one is a big winner with everyone who tries it. My Grandma served it every time she made pies for dessert and there were never any leftovers. I use store bought pie crusts, but my Grandma made them from scratch.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This will fix any chocolate lovers craving! Delicious and very easy to make. Made as written using a Oreo cookie crumb crust, I also added an additional 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Thanks for posting you're grandma's wonderful recipe. Made for Photo Tag Early Fall 2011.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces jello chocolate pudding mix (cook & serve, not instant)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, stir pudding mix into 2 cups milk with wire whisk.
- Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat.
- Add chocolate chips while heating, stirring until they are melted. Continue cooking until mixture comes to full boil.
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla.
- Put lid on pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite pie crust and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.