Recipe by nranger7
My favorite cookies since I was a little girl - and I don't really like mint! Thanks Grandma! :) Times and amounts are approximate since I haven't been able to make these in a long time. I can never find the mint chocolate chips when I want to bake! And I've never owned a double boiler...keeping an eye on the chips as they melt on the stove works just fine.
Top Review by Julie
These are really good and super easy. Unfortunately, I had been dipping into my bag of mint morsels a little too much so didn't get the full two cups of mint chocolate in my batter. Will try to show a little more restraint next time.These do stay soft. A nice change of pace. Thanks.
- 2 cups mint chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup karo white corn syrup
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the mint chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Blend in the melted chocolate.
- Add the corn syrup.
- Sift and gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Roll into one inch balls and dip tops in white sugar.
- Place 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes.
- Watch as they burn easily.