Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A special touch to chocolate chip cookies. I remember grandma's cookies were always just a touch better than the rest. I hope you enjoy these.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temp)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crisco (butter flavored crisco)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar to roll balls in. not to be included in the batter
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugars and and crisco until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time beating them in well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and form 1/4 cup balls from the batter.
- Roll ball in sugar and place on greased cookie sheet. Press ball into a 4 inch circle.
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.